Democracy Lab is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization devoted to preserving democratic values, moving the needle on key institutional reforms, and building bridges for cooperation in North Macedonia and the Western Balkans.
- We believe in functional democracy.
- We believe in free journalists, capable newsrooms, and objective reporting.
- We believe that the core value of a democratic state is its citizens.
- We believe that only through active civic participation can we build strong democratic institutions.
- We believe that strong democratic institutions operate transparently, with accountability, and are guided by the highest standards of good governance.
- We believe that a civic society organization should play an active role in promoting these values.
Our organizational culture:
Within the organization we nurture a conducive work environment for professional development, respect, dignity and confidence for our members.
- A good idea is the only currency in Democracy Lab.
- We help, support, and motivate each other.
- We do not see problems; we see challenges;
- We encourage constructive debate;
- We believe in critical thinking as a tool to provide the best solutions to our challenges;
- We encourage our members to be proactive, responsive, flexible and initiate action;
- We stimulate a more connected region with common priorities and space for dialogue;
- We seek innovation.
Our code of conduct:
- Act honestly, truthfully and with integrity in all our transactions and dealings;
- Build strong partnerships though respect, correctness, reliability and transparency;
- Build inclusive communities, responsible citizens, and good governance.